Brookhill and COVID-19
Below you will find new COVID-19 FAQ as well as our Phase 2 opening protocols . These may also be found on our Facebook page along with many ongoing conversations and responses.
As promised we will continue to update you with information regarding to camp and covid-19. Our executive director, Lynlee McMillan, is looking forward to camp this summer as we continue to prepare for our greatest summer yet!
We are constantly monitoring the current situation, and will strive to keep our campers and families as updated as possible on the status of camp. Here is a message from our camp director, Jason Ross! “We are most definitely planning on this summer being the best summer that we have ever had!”. We are preparing lots new activities and other exciting things for summer 2020.
The health of our campers and staff is our top priority.
Since January, we have been monitoring the Covid-19 virus and closely following its progression. We have been in contact with the doctors and health care providers that advise us during the summer months.
We have also evaluated our health and safety regulations and are working hard to raise our health standards. We will be following the CDC guidelines for the sanitation of our facilities and our staff will be trained in proper sanitation methods and will be required to abide by them. (We will be posting our new health and guidelines procedures before camp begins so you will be fully aware of the new health requirements before you arrive)
We have been and will continue adhering to the “Stop the Spread” guidelines set forth by the CDC as well as our Administration.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
Clinical Research on the Percentages of People Who Contracts Covid-19
- The vast majority of cases in China — 87% — were in people ages 30 to 79, the China Center for Disease Control reported last month based on data from all 72,314 of those diagnosed with Covid-19 as of Feb. 11.
- Teens and people in their 20’s also encounter many others, at school and work and on public transit, yet they don’t seem to be contracting the disease at significant rates: Only 8.1% of cases were 20-somethings, 1.2% were teens, and 0.9% were 9 or younger.
- The World Health Organization mission to China found that 78% of the cases reported as of Feb. 20 were in people ages 30 to 69.
1st Peter 5:17 says,
“Stay Alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.”
All of us at Brookhill understand the difficulties that the Coronavirus is causing our families, and our hearts are saddened by the unwelcome intrusion of this hidden enemy.
Ephesians 6:11 says,
“Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies.”
That is exactly what we are doing. We are fighting the attempts to silence our mission of helping kids experience the unconditional love of Jesus Christ. While we have every intention of completing that mission during the summer of 2020, we are watching and adhering to the advice of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and our Administration.
It is with this knowledge that we move forward.
We are excited about Summer 2020!
Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.